The Eastern Province Cement Company was established by the Ministerial Decision No. 939 dated 1403/4/3 H . The Paid up Capital is 860 Million S.R. consisting of 86,000,000 shares owned by Citizens and official bodies as follows:
Public Pension Agency 10%
Public Investment Fund 10%
General Organization for Social Insurance 10%
Saudi Citizens 70%
The company is founded mainly to produce Clinker and Cement to cater the need of local market, Middle East and surplus to world markets.
The Compay commenced commercial production in 1985, and according to records the production reached 1,449,442 tons clinker and 862,605 tons cement, that year.