The Eastern Province Cement Company was established by the Royal Decree No. M/11 dated 14/03/1402 H.
The Paid up Capital is SR 860 Million consisting of 86,000,000 shares owned by Citizens and official.
The company is founded mainly to produce different kinds of Clinker and Cement to cater the need of local and Gulf market.
- The Company’s Head Office is situated at Eastern Cement Tower, King Fahd Road (Dammam – Khobar Highway). The Towers, which is raised as administration office and investment building, is considered as one of the most aesthetic & modern architectural landmark in Eastern Province, which the spaces are utilized in an attractive and scientific way considering the energy efficiency and eco-friendly aspects.
- Plant: The plant is located at Khurssniyah area on Abu Hadriyah Highway 145km north of Dammam which is rich with raw materials necessary for cement industry.
The advantages of location of the plant
- Proximity to Minerals companies of “Maaden” in Ras Al Khair & Petrochemical companies of Royal Commission in Jubail (60 Km) gives our plant better chances for joint cooperation and use of some of their byproducts as a cement additives resulting in reduction of cost.
- Jubail Industrial Port (70kms) avails the company an easy access to the outside world and creation of prosperous commercial relations with various world countries.
- The main raw material for the cement plant is Limestone. Eastern Cement factory is located adjacent to rich lime stone area with its captive Limestone mines.
- Since Cement Plants are considered as “Energy Guzzlers”, Thermal Energy is obtained from Berri Gas plant which is in the vicinity of the factory and Electrical Energy from National Power Grid. Many other Gas plants are located close to the factory such as wasit gas plant, etc